DARIEN BLUE WAVE SQUASH
US HIGH SCHOOL NATIONALS - FEBRUARY 21-23, 2020
THE BUS LEAVES FROM THE DHS SPORTS LOOP AT 9:30 AM - SHARP!!! Please plan to arrive by 9:15am with forms in hand!
The top nine players on the DHS Squash ladder are expected to play. Players 1-7 will be guaranteed matches, player 8-9 will be alternates in the event of illness or injury.
BOYS & GIRLS (IV Seed – Both teams): Avon Old Farms School
- 500 Old Farms Road, Avon, CT, 06001, United States
Start time:Players to be available at venues by 8:00am on Friday, 2/21
End time:Players to be available until 6:00pm on Sunday, 2/23
- The tournament schedule will be posted by US Squash on Friday 2/14, at that time we will know when each of our teams will have their first match.
The teams will travel via bus from the DHS sports loop on Friday, 2/21
- The exact departure time will be based on our first matches. Plan for a very early departure (6-7am)
- The bus driver will stay with our teams for the weekend to provide transportation between venues and to bring everyone home on Sunday, 2/23
The Simsbury Inn, 397 Hopemeadow St, Simsbury, CT 06070
Ph: (860) 651-5700/ www.simsburyinn.com
The curfew for the players is 11:00pm, though 10:30pm is preferable. The players should be in their rooms no later than 11:00pm and should plan on getting a good night sleep for the long day of matches ahead.
- Breakfast – The hotel offers a complimentary breakfast that includes coffee, juice, baked goods, yogurt, cereals & hard boiled eggs. Hot meals are available for purchase in the café.
- Lunch – Parent volunteers will secure lunch locally based on match schedules.
- Dinner – A buffet dinner has been arranged for the DHS teams to eat together at the Simsbury Inn. Dinner will start on Friday & Saturday at 7:00pm at Evergreen, the hotel dining room.
- A group dinner for parents will be arranged for Saturday night (8pm) at a nearby restaurant. Details to follow.
There are laundry facilities at the hotel if needed. Please bring extra uniform shirts/shorts/skirts if you have them.
The cost per player $231.75 includes transportation, accommodations, tournament fees and team meals. Please make your payment on schoolcashonline as soon as possible.
- While meals are included, athletes may want to bring cash for snacks and incidentals.
DHS CONTACT LIST (Cell phones)
Chris Mitrano (Manager) 203.219.9120
Wick Clothier (Coach) 610.213.9672
Hugh Underhill (Coach) 203.561.1369
Thank you in advance to the Captain's moms for organizing snacks/water for the bus/travel and for our lunches.
Parents, please remember to take pictures - action shots or non-action shots (video fine too)- and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finally, it is important to remember that we are the DHS Nationals team so we ride on the bus to Nationals together as a team, we cheer on each other as a team, and we take the bus home as a team... and we have Fun!
There are 4 required DHS Nationals Forms attached to this email which must be filled out
The Medical Form For Extended Field Trip Participation (Word File)
Emergency Card and Permission Slip for Squash Trip (Word File)
If Applicable - Prescription Medication Authorization Form (Word File)
If Applicable - Non-Prescription Medication Authorization Form (Word File)
Contact Gwen Mitrano at email@example.com